NETGEAR Releases $1,700 Orbi 970 Series Quad-Band WiFi 7 Mesh System with Up to 27 Gbps Speeds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NETGEAR has announced that its Orbi 970 Series Quad-Band WiFi 7 Mesh Systems are now available for purchase from netgear.com in classic white, with a black limited edition also available exclusively through netgear.com. The new systems, which offers speeds of up to 27 Gbps and high-performance antennas for 360-degree coverage, are available in two bundle options, including a two-pack that includes a router and 1x satellite for $1,699.99. Add-on satellites are available for $899.99 each.

See full article...

Please tell me that's an enterprise product.
Yeah. No. It's not.

We have now found the "Monster" of WiFi routers. I can't wait to see oxygenated copper wiring and magnetically balanced pixie dust as justification for the ridiculous pricing.

I'm sure all your music will have a warmer sound.

I looked up Preamble Puncturing. Because it sounded like excessive BS.

Preamble puncturing is an optional feature introduced in Wi-Fi 6, or 802.11ax that improves spectral efficiency by allowing a Wi-Fi 6 access point (AP) to transmit a “punctured” portion of the spectrum channel if some of the channel is being used by legacy users

So their like 3rd line item for the enhanced performance of their wifi 7 device is just marketing a functional wifi 6 practice. Nice.

Become a Patron!
Back