ASUS ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 4090 Jensen Huang Edition Hits $16,000 in Charity Auction

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
How much are people willing to pay for an ASUS ROG Matrix GeForce RTX 4090 graphics card signed by NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang? An obscene amount, it seems, as the highest bid for the limited-edition GPU is currently listed as being $16,000 on ASUS' charity auction site—a price that exceeds the MSRP ($3,199.99) of the graphics card by over $12,000. This special version of the GPU, which is advertised as being the world's first-ever production graphics card to feature liquid metal on the GPU die, with premium ROG 360 mm liquid cooling and an out-of-the-box 2,700 MHz boost clock, also appears to come with a special NFT that includes Huang's signature.

See full article...

At this points it's more about press. Some youtuber is bidding a fortune because they can. (Or who knows maybe it's Crypto Cashers. ) Once it's sold and delivered someone will have it on a shelf behind them... "This card was as much as a car..."

"This card was as much as a car..."
That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the current price. It costs almost as much as my car did when I got it in 2000 ($17K). Also my popz paid $12K for a first-gen Ford Focus when it was brand new in 2001, and a friend paid 18 grand for a brand-new Civic a couple years ago.

and a friend paid 18 grand for a brand-new Civic a couple years ago.
Man that's pretty good for a couple of years ago. Amazing how much the Pandemic screwed things up. Civics are up around 25k starting right now.

Become a Patron!
Back