Far Cry 7 Launches in Fall 2025, with a Campaign Mode Inspired by 24: Sources

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"**** it, Chloe!" Ubisoft is planning to release Far Cry 7 in the fall of 2025, and it will feature a campaign mode that sounds like it was inspired by episodes of 24, according to sources with Insider Gaming (alternate link). The latest installment of the open-world FPS, which reportedly takes place in a tropical island called Kimsan, is said to feature a single-player mode that revolves around the player having to save their family within a specific time frame, namely, "24 hours in real-time." Far Cry 7 will also seemingly let players "interrogate" enemies, although maybe differently than how Jack Bauer typically does it.

See full article...

That doesn't sound very 24 to me. It should be set in a big US city to be 24.

I'm not a big fan of the Far Cry series anymore, after FC3 everything is luke warm at best, or outright terrible like new dawn. I'd prefer a Ghost Recon title instead.

I never watched 24, so this completely lacks context for me.

I hope there will still be a traditional single player mode. Otherwise I just won't play it.

If it's Ubisoft based then I tend to avoid the game altogether.

I never really understood the instant hate every Far Cry title gets. They are generally enjoyable enough, but the "take base" formula was starting to get a little old and boring, I have to admit.

I didn't much care for the FC6 UI though. The UI started to feel like a mobile game, and I hate that. That, and I hated the forced 3rd person views.

Also, hated the unrealistic made up improvised weapons. I wish it had been more realistic and gritty. I don't understand why they have to make games goofy.

I want games to be all gritty all the time without even a hint of goofiness.

I want games to be all gritty all the time without even a hint of goofiness.
Far cry has always been kind of goofy, even the original by Crytek.

Ghost Recon Wildlands and Break Point are the more gritty open world shooters, but unfortunately for you those are third person. I don't mind that at all.

Become a Patron!
Back