Diablo IV Is Coming to Steam on October 17, 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
How many people are playing Diablo IV these days? Not enough, it seems, as Blizzard has announced that the newish ARPG is heading to Steam in two weeks, just four months after the game originally launched for Battle.net, Xbox, and PlayStation consoles in early June 2023. According to Diablo IV's Steam listing, which is already live, Diablo IV will be released on Steam on Tuesday, October 17, which happens to be the same day that the game's second season, Season of Blood, is set to launch, with new features that include additional Stash space and more, as noted in today's developer's update. Diablo fans on Steam can choose between a Standard, Digital Deluxe, and Ultimate Edition, the latter of which includes an accelerated Battle Pass unlock and other bonuses.

See full article...

One reason I hope Microsoft is successful in buying Activision-Blizzard is so they can do away with that piece-of-sh1t Battle.Net launcher software.

I didn't even realize that it wasn't already on steam.

I really hope this hails the end of games made not to have fun, but to keep players busy with grind.

I've been playing Last Epoch lately, it doesn't have a huge player base, but from the base there, a lot are just inbetween PoE seasons, but almost everyone to a tee has to bash D4 in brutal and creative ways. I haven't played it yet (I probably will at some point when I can catch it on sale), but man, the harder-core ARPG crowd absolutely despises the game.

Just noticed the ad when I went to download the Robocop demo. I wonder what Bliz is up to here.... I mean anyone who wanted D4 already has it, or knows what battle.net is..... and is bnet still required for the always online part and matchmaking etc

Just noticed the ad when I went to download the Robocop demo. I wonder what Bliz is up to here.... I mean anyone who wanted D4 already has it, or knows what battle.net is..... and is bnet still required for the always online part and matchmaking etc
Not that I am interested in Diablo 4, but I've held off on buying games just because they were exclusive to the Battle.Net launcher. I used community demos instead, or at least until the Steam versions came along. When Microsoft buys them out, I hope they ditch the Battle.Net launcher program.

Just like I don't buy Microsoft games I want from their own store (I f*cking HATE dealing with UWP sh1t on PC), I buy them from Steam. If they were not available on Steam, then I did not purchase. Wish Microsoft would also put their games on GOG, but that will never happen.

Become a Patron!
Back