ASUS ROG Releases Swift Pro PG248QP with 540 Hz Refresh Rate: “Fastest Gaming Monitor Available Today”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced that the Swift Pro PG248QP is now available for purchase. Marketed as the world's fastest esports gaming monitor and the choice of champions, this is a new display that features a 24.1-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) TN panel with 540 Hz (OC) refresh rate, including E-TN panel technology for higher response versus regular TN panels. Users will also find NVIDIA G-SYNC Ultra Low Motion Blur 2 (ULMB 2) technology for smoother visuals, NVIDIA Reflex Analyzer for measuring system latency, a unique base with retractable claws to free up more desktop space, DisplayHDR 400 certification, and 1x DisplayPort 1.4 DSC and 2x HDMI 2.0.

See full article...

Why am I not surprised this is a TN panel and only 1080p. And of course, don't forget the small size. Remember one of the golden rules of today's gamer kiddies: your cloth mouse pad must be bigger than your monitor.

We spent sooooo many years stuck at 60Hz, which f*cking sucked, but good gawd man, now sh1t is getting ridiculous in the extreme opposite direction. Please someone tell me how useful 540Hz is gonna be. Is that worth the sacrifice in image quality to some? I can't imagine any dang scenario where I would prefer such an insaaaane refresh rate to a larger monitor, higher resolution, and especially panel type. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck TN panels. I never ever EVER want to see them again for as long as I live. Please be gone, and bother us no more, for all of eternity.

but good gawd man, now sh1t is getting ridiculous in the extreme opposite direction.
Yup. It's hard to quantify on the side of the box (or in an online description) what makes a monitor's image quality better. At least in a way your Average Joe will understand.

So they just go with whatever can make the numbers bigger. Any number really, so long as it's bigger.

Become a Patron!
Back