Corsair Releases K70 CORE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Rotary Dial and Red Linear Switches

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced that the K70 CORE gaming keyboard is now available from the Corsair webstore and its worldwide network of authorized online retailers and distributors for $99.99. The new full-size keyboard, which is available in Black and Steel Gray with palmrest options, features Corsair's MLX Red linear mechanical switches, offering what the company says is smooth and satisfying keypresses, with two layers of premium sound dampening foam. Users will also find a multi-function rotary dial on the keyboard that can be used to adjust RGB brightness, scroll through webpages, zoom, and more, as well as a programmable button for controlling media.

See full article...

Gross. I hate media keys, volume knobs or other BS on my keyboards.

Aside from that, I feel like this is a lot of fanfare over a volume knob and red switches. This has been done before and done by Corsair themselves. Not much to see here I'm afraid.

Aside from that, I feel like this is a lot of fanfare over a volume knob and red switches. This has been done before and done by Corsair themselves. Not much to see here I'm afraid.

I'm with you.

My OG Ducky One's have a row of keys buttons on the top right (normal keybloard keys) for Calculator, Mute, Volume Down and Volume Up.

The only time they ever get used is when I accidentally hit them. It is my least favorite aspect of this otherwise excellent keyboard.

I'm with you.

My OG Ducky One's have a row of keys buttons on the top right (normal keybloard keys) for Calculator, Mute, Volume Down and Volume Up.

The only time they ever get used is when I accidentally hit them. It is my least favorite aspect of this otherwise excellent keyboard.
At least those look like everything else on the keyboard. I find those far less offensive to look at.

I like the volume roller on my old Logitech G710+, and I used some of the G keys on that keyboard for vim shortcuts.

That said I wouldn’t seek either one out as a reason to buy a keyboard, and this seems to have the priority in the wrong place

Last edited:
...features Corsair’s MLX Red linear mechanical switches, offering what the company says is smooth and satisfying keypresses, with two layers of premium sound dampening foam.
Huh, not familiar with those.

I have an older K70 with Silvers in it. My kid is currently using it.

The keyboard is not bad. I do actually really like the volume knob on the keyboard (my older one has a scrollwheel style). I don't really use media keys other than volume.

But the speed switches were just a bit too sensitive for me. And it's nothing compared to the Ducky I have now which cost about the same.

I wouldn't mind them if I ever had a use for them. But IMO, audio volume is best done at the analog stage; you generally want Windows locked at 100% whenever practical.

Become a Patron!
Back