Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project 2.0 Mod Released, Drastically Improving Quality of Almost All Textures

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Halk Hogan, the modder behind The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project, has released Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project 2.0, an improved version of the mod that he originally released in March this year to boost the visuals in CD PROJEKT RED's now-celebrated open-world RPG even further. The new mod, which is available to download from NexusMods in various quality options, including Ultra Quality packages that weigh in at over 1 GB, effectively puts many of CDPR's original assets to shame, according to comparison images that show how the modder has transformed ground textures and other assets from what looks relatively like digital puke to something more realistic. According to Hogan, who shouldn't be confused with the other guy, this mod shouldn't affect performance in any way for those with the proper amount of VRAM.

See full article...

Now I'm curious to just how much vram this would need. The article only stipulates the amount of vram increased not base need. Interesting.

The improvement to textures look amazing, but my RTX 3080 is the 10GB edition. I'll try the mod after work to see how many frames get sacrificed.

Woohoo it's after work. Soooo... the road texture looks the same for me irrespective of whether the mod is enabled or disabled. That's using the ultra texture mod.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Cyberpunk was already one of the best looking games on the market. I hadn't considered it a candidate for modding, but this looks even better.

I wonder if this will hit only VRAM, or if it will also hit framerate.

I have plenty of VRAM...

It might be an improvement, but I doubt I would notice it while playing the game.

Become a Patron!
Back