Dragon Ball DAIMA Anime Series Announced, Drawn by Original Creator Akira Toriyama

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Is Goku and Vegeta ever going to get tired of beating people up? Not any time soon, it seems, as Toei Animation has released a new teaser trailer that can confirm a brand-new Dragon Ball series is launching in the Fall of 2024. Dragon Ball DAIMA, as it's called, appears to feature the kiddie versions of Kakarot and his compatriots, and not only that, Akira Toriyama, the Japanese manga artist who created the franchise all the way back in 1984, is drawing and overseeing what sounds like all key aspects of the new project. The most recent Dragon Ball series, Super Dragon Ball Heroes, launched in 2018.

See full article...

Uh okaaaay, the f*ck is this...? They all got turned into kids?
DB Super was weaksauce, so I probably won't be bothering with this. Toriyama doesn't really know what the f*ck he is doing anymore.

Uh okaaaay, the f*ck is this...? They all got turned into kids?
DB Super was weaksauce, so I probably won't be bothering with this. Toriyama doesn't really know what the f*ck he is doing anymore.
I think he is making money... hand over fist. And I'm pretty sure he knows it.

We're talking about an anime series where it takes a full season for one character to make a move. (Not even sure if that's an exaggeration or not.)

We're talking about an anime series where it takes a full season for one character to make a move. (Not even sure if that's an exaggeration or not.)
It was certainly true of the original DBZ, which was full of filler crap (cuz they had to wait for more content from the manga first, so they dragged sh1t on and on), but when they re-did the series with DBZ Kai, they cut out all that crap, and it much more closely followed the manga. DB Super also wasn't full of filler. But yeah those old jokes about how it took a week's worth of episodes for a character just to charge up their energy and sh1t, yeah those jokes weren't too far from the truth.

Become a Patron!
Back