NVIDIA Releases GeForce Game Ready 545.84 WHQL Driver with TensorRT Acceleration (Up to 2x Improved Stable Diffusion Performance) and RTX Video Sup...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has announced that the new GeForce Game Ready 545.84 WHQL driver is now available to download through GeForce Experience. This Game Ready Driver provides what NVIDIA says is the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology, including NARAKA: BLADEPOINT and Warhammer: Vermintide 2. The driver also introduces TensorRT acceleration for Stable Diffusion to increase performance by up to 2x, as well as support for RTX Video Super Resolution 1.5, an improved version of the AI-assisted video upscaling technology that delivers a sharper and crisper image. RTX VSR was originally exclusive to the GeForce RTX 40 and RTX 30 Series, but the feature can now be enabled on GeForce RTX 20 Series GPUs.

See full article...

Aaahhh, they updated their video upscaling tech:
Our new version 1.5 update, included in today’s Game Ready Driver, further improves the quality of RTX VSR, increasing the level of detail and preserving image details during the upscaling process for a sharper and crisper image overall. Plus, with expanded RTX VSR support, owners of GeForce RTX 20 Series GPUs can benefit from the same AI-enhanced video as those on GeForce RTX 30 and 40 Series GPUs.

RTX Video Super Resolution can now also enhance video when played back at native resolution. This means that you can enjoy the benefits of RTX VSR even on a 1080p display when watching 1080p streams. In these instances, RTX VSR will remove distracting compression artifacts and enhance the image.

Very interesting indeed. I suppose I shall have to re-test.

The driver also introduces TensorRT acceleration for Stable Diffusion to increase performance by up to 2x...
What the f*ck is this?
A.) https://developer.nvidia.com/tensorrt
B.) https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5487
"Stable Diffusion is a generative AI image-based model that allows users to generate images from simple text descriptions. Users typically access this model through distributions that provide it with a UI and advanced features."

Uh okay, sure.

Stable DIffusion is the new buzz word in relation to AI-based workloads.

With all the focus NVIDIA is making toward AI at the moment, I find it no surprise that has trickled down to its consumer GPUs. I expect more work in the AI field to trickle down to us lowly gamers.

Stable DIffusion is the new buzz word in relation to AI-based workloads.
I don't know what do you mean by that. Stable diffusion is an AI based workload itself. I doesn't have anything to do with other workloads.
A buzz word is usually a meaningless new name for something that already exists like:
Cloud = Someone else's computer
metaverse = VR MMO
web 2.0 = web sites with user submitted content

Stable diffusion is not a buzzword as it is the name of an actual new software technology. The buzzword would be AI.

I have tested super resolution with the VLC version that supports it and it is complete trash. Videos are displayed off center and with the wrong aspect ratio with it.

Become a Patron!
Back