AMD Announces Ryzen Threadripper 7000 Series Processors with Up to 64 Zen 4 Cores and Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7000 WX-Series Processors with Up to 9...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has announced that the new Ryzen Threadripper 7000 Series and select Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7000 WX-Series processors will be available from DIY retailers starting on November 21, while workstations with Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7000 WX-Series processors and high-end desktops with Ryzen Threadripper 7000 Series processors will be available by the end of 2023. The AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7000 WX-Series, which targets professional users, comprises six new CPUs that feature up to 96 cores, while the non-PRO lineup comprises three chips that feature up to 64 cores. All of these chips are based around AMD's newer Zen 4 architecture and are compatible with the new WRX90 and TRX50 chipsets, respectively.

See full article...

The price to entry does hurt, but consider this: the 24-core "entry-level" part has 128MB of L3 cache and 36 PCIe lanes.

If you wanted just a bit 'more' than you can get with current desktop platforms, well, you got it. And I'm willing to bet that overclocking on these parts is going to be on fire, with those massive IHSs and hopefully custom blocks.

Now I need to figure out how to justify to my boss why I need one of these.. Sometimes, working for a Non-Profit can suck (This being one of those instances).

Now I need to figure out how to justify to my boss why I need one of these.. Sometimes, working for a Non-Profit can suck (This being one of those instances).
Just put it in as a matter of fact? Needed cause of need. Hehe.

Become a Patron!
Back