Assassin’s Creed Codename RED Leak Reveals Female Ninja Protagonist “Naoi” and a Revenge Story

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ubisoft has been pretty tight-lipped about its next mainline Assassin's Creed game, but thanks to an over-eager employee, one of its playable protagonists has been leaked ahead of an official announcement. Pierre Boudreau, an award-winning writer for Assassin's Creed who is currently working on Codename RED, briefly posted what appears to be official artwork for the next installment of the stealth-action franchise, revealing a new lead in the form of a Japanese female shinobi—or, more simply, a ninja. According to the @xj0nathan account, this character's name is Naoi, and her story will be similar to the one that players saw in Assassin's Creed Origins, which revolved around Bayek trying to track down the ones responsible for his son's killers in Ancient Egypt. Ubisoft reconfirmed in September that Assassin's Creed Codename RED will be an open-world RPG that's similar in vein to Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla, but set in the long-awaited setting of feudal Japan.

See full article...

I will likely play this with the glee of 13 year old me nerding out over ninjas.

Wait, the last one is barely even out*, and we are already hyping up another one?

*I had to look it up because I didn't even notice when it came out there was so little buzz.

Become a Patron!
Back