Noctua Releases NH-D9L and NH-L9x65 CPU Coolers in Chromax.Black

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Noctua has announced that the chromax.black versions of its NH-D9L and NH-L9x65 CPU coolers are now available to purchase from Amazon for EUR 74.90 / USD 74.90 and EUR 69.90 / USD 69.90, respectively.

See full article...

Nice.

I don't really buy air coolers anymore, at least not for my main machine, but what always used to keep me away from Noctua's otherwise excellent coolers was the ugly color scheme. Bright chrome and that awful brown on beige fan coloring.

I've always been a "performance first" person, who doesn't really care much about aesthetics (within reason) but I just couldn't make myself do it. I hate beige and brown on pretty much anything other than natural wood.

I just rebuilt my better halfs machine into a Fractal Terra SFF ITX case, and wound up going with a Noctua NH-L12S there. Would ahve preferred if it were black, but it is not a big deal. The case has no windows. (you can see it through the vent holes though)

...what always used to keep me away from Noctua's otherwise excellent coolers was the ugly color scheme. Bright chrome and that awful brown on beige fan coloring. I've always been a "performance first" person, who doesn't really care much about aesthetics (within reason) but I just couldn't make myself do it.
Agree with you there completely man. In recent years they've been introducing much more tolerable color schemes, mainly of the black variety, and I do appreciate that. They stuck to their classic color scheme for so f*cking long. I understand having a signature look, but why did they pick one that looks like @ss? On the other hand, it made it very easy to identify when something was made by Noctua. There was no mistaking that color scheme.

I kinda dig it when it's done right. But yeah, throw that in there with unicorn clown barf RGB and it looks awful.

View attachment 2769
Wow, even the GPU power cables match that Noctua color scheme. I guess it kinda works with that wood paneling on the outside of the case, but these colors are definitely not for me.

Become a Patron!
Back