LG’s New Monitors Don’t Require a PC Connection

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Customers these days can't even be bothered to hook up a PC to their monitors...or, at least, that's what LG seems to be implying with its latest release. LG has announced that it is planning to launch its latest LG SMART Monitors in key markets in North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America, with availability starting in the U.S. this November, and according to the company, what's really cool is that these displays don't require any PC connection at all thanks to some key technologies, including AirPlay 2 and Miracast, wireless display standards.

See full article...

Cool, I guess? I use Airplay all the time for various things. I always just velcroed an AppleTV to the back of the TV when we did it though. Some TVs have had this through Google Cast for a long while now.

I can see some spiffy use cases, but gaming won't be one of them.

mf'er brings up some third world country as an example.

mf'er brings up some third world country as an example.

Balitmore, although i hear that place is not much better than a third world country.

This is West Virginia, although I guess you could argue that's third world too..

1699546449031.png

Balitmore, although i hear that place is not much better than a third world country.

This is West Virginia, although I guess you could argue that's third world too..

View attachment 2773

Many solutions in the U.S. are a lot like 3rd world countries due to chronic under-investment in infrastructure because politics.

It took me years to get used to all the ugly unreliable cables on poles in the air when I moved back to the U.S. In Sweden where I lived prior to that absolutely everything was run through underground conduit. We never had outages due to storms. There were no cables in the air for branches to fall on, or ice to form on. And there were no ugly poles with wires obstructing the view of the sky.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back