Corsair Releases MP700 PRO PCIe 5.0 x4 M.2 SSDs with Air Cooler, Water Block, and Other Cooling Options

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced that the 1 TB and 2 TB MP700 PRO PCIe Gen5 x4 NVMe M.2 SSDs are now available for purchase from the Corsair webstore and Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors, while a 4 TB version of the MP700 PRO will be on shelves later this winter.

See full article...

Pricey but it is Gen 5 so that's to be expected. I'm still watching to see what Samsung comes out with for Gen 5.

what useful do we get out of a watercooled Gen 5 NVME like this? Sequential read / write may go way up, but random read, latency, etc, is basically unchanged or worse from Gen3, right?

what useful do we get out of a watercooled Gen 5 NVME like this? Sequential read / write may go way up, but random read, latency, etc, is basically unchanged or worse from Gen3, right?
Look at the SSD review in the storage selection. They just reviewed this model. It's not Water cooled.

Look at the SSD review in the storage selection. They just reviewed this model. It's not Water cooled.
That will teach me to not check the first page. That said, I'd love to see the review include Samsung drives. The Samsung 970 Pro 1TB beat the 980 pro in a number of latency benchmarks due to being MLC instead of TLC flash - would love to see how it stacks up today.

Become a Patron!
Back