NVIDIA GeForce RTX 50 Series Rumored to Feature GDDR7 Memory, 384-Bit Memory Interface Width

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
kopite7kimi has returned with new GeForce rumors, but this time, it's less about the SUPER and more about NVIDIA's next-generation GeForce RTX 50 Series.

See full article...

Jokes on us - they are going to skip the consumer 5000 series and only sell AI cards. They won’t bother to make anything better than the 4090 until AMD or Intel can make a competing product

Jokes on us - they are going to skip the consumer 5000 series and only sell AI cards. They won’t bother to make anything better than the 4090 until AMD or Intel can make a competing product
Honestly... we need some maturity in the market to actually properly use the hardware we have today. Like console generations devs need to grow their skills to exploit the hardware available to PC's.

I could totally see this.

Honestly, with TDPs going up over 300W, I think a generation or two skip wouldn't be a bad idea for the consumer space. Gives process and architecture improvements time to mature and get a performance increase without also needing to increase the thermal budget. Your 12VHPWR connectors would thank you for it.

I could totally see this.

Honestly, with TDPs going up over 300W, I think a generation or two skip wouldn't be a bad idea for the consumer space. Gives process and architecture improvements time to mature and get a performance increase without also needing to increase the thermal budget. Your 12VHPWR connectors would thank you for it.
Here we go: 2 generation skip
50X0 series stays AI only
60X0 series is coin mining for crypto boom 3.0
70X0 series is $3000 for the 7080 and it's only 50% faster than the 4090 because all of the better chips are going to AI

Here we go: 2 generation skip
50X0 series stays AI only
60X0 series is coin mining for crypto boom 3.0
70X0 series is $3000 for the 7080 and it's only 50% faster than the 4090 because all of the better chips are going to AI

Hopefully we will have fusion power by the time the 7000 series comes out

Become a Patron!
Back