Starfield Players Think Bethesda Is Using ChatGPT to Respond to Negative Reviews on Steam: “Planets Are Empty by Design, but That’s Not Boring”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bethesda has been sending some of its employees to defend Starfield from its harshest critics on Steam over the past few weeks, but the responses are, according to some, so soulless that others think the company may be using ChatGPT to write them.

See full article...

Frankly, after reading the responses myself I hope its ChatGPT and not actual employees. If its the latter, its super lazy and it indicates Bethesda is taking advantage of special needs children by making them work customer service and social media accounts.

Hey I used bard to write my self review! :) Don't knock it! lol.

Scripted responses are DIFFERENT from AI.

Should just pull the Furbie trick. Have ChatGPT write the reviews so ChatGPT can respond to them.

ChatGPT probably will put more thought into a response than an outsourced oversea CS rep will who is just assigned to placate social media gripes

You can literally give bard prompts with key words using regular language to get output that reads pretty well.

Why would you even need to respond to individual reviews? This is so misguided regardless if it's AI or not.

Why would you even need to respond to individual reviews? This is so misguided regardless if it's AI or not.
Supposedly its the devs responding which is absolutely stupid. I've never met a Dev that had the customer service and people skills to respond appropriately to criticisms like that.

Supposedly its the devs responding which is absolutely stupid. I've never met a Dev that had the customer service and people skills to respond appropriately to criticisms like that.
That's why they're using chatgpt :p

You can't have lack of dev engagement then complain when the devs sound mechanical because THAT'S HOW MOST TECHNICAL PEOPLE THINK AND COMMUNICATE.

Dear ****ing lord I have to have someone else proof read my technical documents so the less technically minded can understand them OR they read like a bad sci-fi story because that's how I end up writing them. There is no in between!

Become a Patron!
Back