Xbox App Updated with Compact Mode, Enabling an Improved Experience on ASUS ROG Ally and Other Handheld Gaming Devices

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that the Xbox November Update is coming soon, and one of the biggest features is Compact Mode, a mode that—drumroll—will make the Xbox App easier to use and look at on the ASUS ROG Ally, Lenovo Legion Go!, and other modern gaming handhelds.

See full article...

So MS is taking the.... Plataform agnostic GAS and streaming future route ( this is the start).... It makes perfect sense for them. Honestly, Thinking more about it, I don't think I will hate any of this, Ive changed on this. The main reason is I don't believe I have " ownership " in my meager steam library, nor in Epic, I have serious doubts about my cartrige collection for the switch. I know my ds and 3ds is real ownership at least. But thinking about supposed ownership with no media, Im now like, you know what? What's one more step? Pay for access, and maybe run it locally, maybe let a giant server process the software, and stream it... Why not.

Become a Patron!
Back