Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition Launches in Early 2024 with 4K Graphics, 60 FPS, and Other Improvements

There's never gonna be a sequel either (or at least a proper one), cuz Michel Ancel rolled out a long time ago. At least he gave us a couple new Rayman games before he left (one of which was really good, Rayman Origins).

I originally played BG&E on Gamecube cuz at the time I didn't own an original Xbox, and the PC version was @ss. I later played through the game again using the HD remaster that came out for 7th-gen consoles. What exactly does this new remaster bring over the previous one? The game has been 60fps since the beginning (although GCN and PS2 versions had some slowdown). X360 and PS3 obviously don't support 4K res, but still the game got an upgrade from 480p to 1080p with the first remaster. The only thing missing from the previous remaster was a PC release, so I hope this new remaster ends up on PC. Cuz so far the only version of the game available for PC is the original one, and that was inferior to the 6th-gen console versions.

As for the game itself, eh it was okay. Nothing to write home about, but it was enjoyable enough for me to play through it twice (although those two playthroughs were many years apart). Cliffhanger ending needed a sequel, but here we are 20 years later, still no sequel (and the "sequel" that has been previously shown is actually a prequel). Now Ancel is gone so I'm not sure anyone should be bothering to continue the series anyways.

Become a Patron!
Back