AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Radeon RX 7900 XTX Deliver 148 FPS in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora with FSR 3 and Frame Gen

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has published a new video that shows off how Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora might perform on some of its latest hardware when the newest version of its upscaling technology, FSR, is enabled.

See full article...

I'm so sick and tired of marketing fake framegen based FPS numbers. It's like, I brought you 2 kilos of coke, but it's cut with 1.5kg of flour. Then what you really brought is 500g of coke.

I'm so sick and tired of marketing fake framegen based FPS numbers. It's like, I brought you 2 kilos of coke, but it's cut with 1.5kg of flour. Then what you really brought is 500g of coke.
That is the best simile on these forums

Oh yeah? What if I want real pixels and real frames?

Not that I was ever going to play some bluefaced pocahontas in space game anyway... :p

Oh yeah? What if I want real pixels and real frames?

Not that I was ever going to play some bluefaced pocahontas in space game anyway... :p
Just because the story is stolen doesn't mean the gameplay will be crap. Could be good... let me know if you find out. ;)

And yea the whole fake frames and RSR/DLSS/Whatever has really gotten old for me these past few generations.

I mean I get it to get more computational effects costs more power... but I had thought the new top tier cards had the power required. Looking at the 4k Quality metrics for a 7900xtx That tells me I can get native 1440p maxed out everything at nearly 100fps. That's good enough for me.

Just a shame I have to translate the numbers into actual rasterization performance.

Become a Patron!
Back