Netflix Publishes Viewer Data on Every Show and Film, Revealing “The Night Agent” to Be Its Most Popular Series, with 812 Million Hours Viewed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Netflix has, for the very first time, published an engagement report that counts the hours viewed for all of its shows and films, revealing not only the streamer's biggest hits, but also its biggest duds.

See full article...

I think popularity on netflix is most influenced by how much they are promoting something on their landing page.

My Mum rarely talks to me about movies, but she mentioned how horrible leave the world behind was, so it must have been truly atrocious.

Never heard or seen this ' the night agent' as of yet.
Nor leave the world behind.
My landing page is radically different from my wife's.
All that happened to your mom is the algorithm didn't land a good one for her.
Netflix is greatly customized to the user.
If you dont make your own litttle user, and you arent gonna have a good experience if those whom you share has different taste.

If you dont make your own litttle user, and you arent gonna have a good experience if those whom you share has different taste.
Netflix's rating system is flawed. There is no "this is ****" option. Just "this is not for me". That's useless. if I use it, it will simply not recommend me stuff from the same genre. Just because I dislike a bad movie doesn't mean I'm not interested in the genre.

Never heard or seen this ' the night agent' as of yet.
Nor leave the world behind.
My landing page is radically different from my wife's.
All that happened to your mom is the algorithm didn't land a good one for her.
Netflix is greatly customized to the user.

The landing page sucks, it rarely shows me something I want to see and even then it's usually a new season of something I watched b4.

Also this news blurb could use a rewrite as it is all over the place
  • having racked up over 800 million hours of viewership
  • which has drawn over 665 million eyeballs
  • 507+ million views
That's 3 different metrics for what I assume should be 3 times nr of hours viewwed

So if I break down those metrics.. Each episode being roughly equal to 1 hour... 665 million eyeballs meaning roughly 332 million viewers.. at 507 million views... so... in essence... MOST people watched two episodes... a small subset of those may have watched 3 episodes and that is the BEST NETFLIX has ever done?

The landing page sucks, it rarely shows me something I want to see and even then it's usually a new season of something I watched b4.

Also this news blurb could use a rewrite as it is all over the place
  • 507+ million views
That's 3 different metrics for what I assume should be 3 times nr of hours viewwed
Is it yours alone?
Do you rate stuff?

• 507+ million views
Those are three metrics are not directly connected.

800 million hours viewed just means people have watched that amount of stuff.
665 million eyeballs pertains to the number of users who racked up the hours.
507+ million views I assume is the number of individual content pieces that was viewed.

Those are three metrics are not directly connected.

800 million hours viewed just means people have watched that amount of stuff.
665 million eyeballs pertains to the number of users who racked up the hours.
507+ million views I assume is the number of individual content pieces that was viewed.

I know what it means, the excel sheet only talks about hours watched so Ginny and Georgia should be 665 million hours viewed, not eyeballs, same for Wednesday, should be 507+ million hours viewed.

Become a Patron!
Back