Diablo IV Players Have Killed 950 Billion Monsters and Died 37 Million Times to The Butcher, Blizzard Reveals

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Diablo IV players have killed 950 billion monsters but died 37 million times to The Butcher, the iconic, infamous demon that's known for shouting "Fresh Meat" before applying a DPS check on Necros, Barbs, and other classes of Sanctuary with his huge, axe-like cleaver.

See full article...

Does anyone on these forums still care about Diablo IV? Just curious. I dived in for 100 bucks when it came out and regret it now.

I dived in for 100 bucks when it came out and regret it now.
When this industry has been a major part of your life for multiple decades, you know to never buy anything at launch. Also no way in f*ck I would ever spend even close to half that much on a game. Sorry your purchase didn't work out for you though. I'm no stranger to spending money on a game and sorely regretting it (or spending too much money on a game). Just one of life's many learning experiences. Touch stove, get burned, don't touch stove again. Live long enough and some things you learn actually do end up sticking.

I always advocate that whenever possible, you try before you buy. A friend's copy, a developer-provided demo, a "community demo", a Steam free weekend trial, whatever the f*ck. I realize that is not possible for all people, or for all games. Some games like Diablo 3 somehow never got a "community demo". Who knows what will happen with Diablo 4. I know not everyone is like me, but especially as I've gotten older, I just find it extremely hard to put cash down on a game without first getting some hands-on time with it. On the other hand, if I like what I play, that almost always results in a purchase (especially because I buy when there's a good sale).

Does anyone on these forums still care about Diablo IV? Just curious. I dived in for 100 bucks when it came out and regret it now.
I bought it at launch, played some but still need to finish the game, not a huge fan of some of the design choices may end up regretting it once I get to the endgame portion.

Could have done without the other players running around on the map, not that I ran into many of them anyways out of towns. And what is with those silly breaks in the map where youhave to press a key to jump over or climb up, what's the bloody point?

Become a Patron!
Back