MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI Motherboard Review

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction MSI has been around since the 1980s and is well-known in the enthusiast market. While MSI has a diverse product portfolio including monitors, laptops, keyboards, mice, and other things it remains primarily known for its motherboards. When the PC industry changed primarily into a mobile market, MSI was the first company to see the […]

See full article...

A Christmas Eve post... Nice review as well. Am in the only one bothered that the first m2 slot steals PCIE lanes from the PCIE x16 slot? I know it's common.... Just annoying.

Last edited:
Nice review. After my experience with Asus I would love to move on from my Maximus Formula just out of principle.

A Christmas Eve post... Nice review wsnwell. Am in the only one bilotherednthwt the first m2 slot steals pcie lanes from the pcie x16 slot? I know it's common.... Just annoying.
That's how Intel decided to do PCIe 5.0 M.2 slots for LGA1700. Hopefully something they rectify with their next platform.

That's how Intel decided to do PCIe 5.0 M.2 slots for LGA1700. Hopefully something they rectify with their next platform.
Exactly.

That being said, dropping to PCIe Gen 5.0 with only x8 lanes for your GPU isn't actually going to hurt gaming performance.

Become a Patron!
Back