AMD CES 2024 Announcements – Including Radeon RX 7600 XT and Ryzen 8000G APUs

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction CES 2024 is underway, and we are on the ground floor finding you all the latest, hottest news updates for launches. Today AMD is making some announcements, a lot of it will be AI talk for sure, but there are also some hardware launches coming which should be exciting for PC hardware enthusiasts. We’ll be breaking […]

See full article...

Just checked, thought I was losing the plot, looks like it was just a US release.
No love for this side of the pond.

The main buzzkill with the G-series is that they have less L3 cache than even the single CCD... 'desktop'-oriented parts? Not even sure how to differentiate them easily.

They should have lower memory latency due to being monolithic, and if they follow the pattern of the 5000G-series, they may support higher memory speeds as well, especially when it comes to overclocking beyond base specs, so maybe the smaller L3 cache isn't as big of a hit.

Oh, and that US$329 intro price for the top APU SKU is a bit hard to swallow, IMO.

The main buzzkill with the G-series is that they have less L3 cache than even the single CCD... 'desktop'-oriented parts? Not even sure how to differentiate them easily.

They should have lower memory latency due to being monolithic, and if they follow the pattern of the 5000G-series, they may support higher memory speeds as well, especially when it comes to overclocking beyond base specs, so maybe the smaller L3 cache isn't as big of a hit.

Oh, and that US$329 intro price for the top APU SKU is a bit hard to swallow, IMO.
I'm not sure what the cost of the Meteor Lake Core ultra line are. Google doesn't tell me ****.

I'm not sure what the cost of the Meteor Lake Core ultra line are. Google doesn't tell me ****.
Can't really compare the mobile prices since OEMs don't pay MSRP, and we don't know what the desktop MTL SKUs are going to look like. Other than that they're going to need a new socket and chipset to back them up.

Though I don't expect a significant departure from Intel.

Considering just how well Microcenter did at keeping stock on hand for shoppers during the whole covid lockdown years... if I had to pick one vendor to sell computer accessories or components through in the US... it would be Microcenter.

I visited best buy once during lockdown looking for an xbox controller. It was a barren wasteland. Like Fry's was before they finally gave up the ghost and went under. I'm thinking Best Buy is still around and ok... but a shell of their former selves. While Microcenter managed their inventory and purchasing... and is doing better than ever.

That's just an outside view in mind you. I mean Best Buy was the only way to get a founders edition 40 series for a while.

Considering just how well Microcenter did at keeping stock on hand for shoppers during the whole covid lockdown years... if I had to pick one vendor to sell computer accessories or components through in the US... it would be Microcenter.
Really?

They are only good at it because you have to drive in to one to get anything, and they are only located in a small handful of areas.

Really?

They are only good at it because you have to drive in to one to get anything, and they are only located in a small handful of areas.
And one of those is right down the highway from me. So I'm sure that colors my impression of them. Also for the covid lock down against all odds that worked out in their favor.

Considering just how well Microcenter did at keeping stock on hand for shoppers during the whole covid lockdown years
Not the ones in my area. People were lining up outside of the stores before opening, ready to jump delivery trucks, and even getting into fights. Whenever I rolled through the closest Micro Center, the GPU shelves were always empty.

Not the ones in my area. People were lining up outside of the stores before opening, ready to jump delivery trucks, and even getting into fights. Whenever I rolled through the closest Micro Center, the GPU shelves were always empty.
Yes GPU's were being run on... but that's a given and driven by insane demand for various reasons and scalpers going for profit.

Become a Patron!
Back