Alien Prequel Series Will Ignore Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, Showrunner Suggests: “That Doesn’t Really Compute for Me”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Noah Hawley has shared new comments regarding his upcoming Alien series, suggesting that the new show, a prequel for FX, will ignore some of the mythos that Ridley Scott introduced in his Prometheus and Alien: Covenant films, which released in 2012 and 2017, respectively.

See full article...

As well he should. Ridley Scott wants to take credit for the narrative in the original film but the fact is, he had nothing to do with it. The script was written by someone else. He was merely a director. He had narrative control over Prometheus and Alien: Covenant and it shows. They are terrible, confusing and are practically incompatible with what we know of Xenomorph biology and the lore of the previous films.

A prequel series doesn't compute for me period. I mean the nostromo was supposed to be the first encounter with the species, what else is there before that? Unless it is a prequel without aliens :D

A prequel series doesn't compute for me period. I mean the nostromo was supposed to be the first encounter with the species, what else is there before that? Unless it is a prequel without aliens :D
That's a fair point.

well, at least the first one where someone survived it and can tell the tale. I can see someone make a prequel that makes sense if they wanted too, will have to mait and see if this is it though.

well, at least the first one where someone survived it and can tell the tale. I can see someone make a prequel that makes sense if they wanted too, will have to mait and see if this is it though.
The problem is that it is supposed to take place on Earth. So even if nobody survived it is not conceivable to have no evidence of the events. Unless they nuke the entire location.

But then again, to have a series where literally everybody who ever came in contact with the alien or the people who discovered the alien dies doesn't compute to me either.

Become a Patron!
Back