ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER Trinity Black Edition Video Card Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER refresh in the GeForce RTX 40 Series GPU lineup was announced at CES 2024, early this January. The new GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER has an MSRP of $599 and has improved specifications compared to the GeForce RTX 4070. The GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER will be replacing the same price point […]

See full article...

So the card we should have gotten a year ago at least $50 above what its worth.

So the card we should have gotten a year ago at least $50 above what its worth.
It's NVIDIA: they're all-in on AI (in terms of their revenue stream), these "Super" releases are just to keep AMD roughly "at bay", and given their market dominance, they are likely to continue doing just that (let's see what Intel has cooked up w/Battlemage late this year) -- although it seems that AMD was wise with the MSRP pricing of the RX 7800 XT.

As a consumer though, I may just hold off until late this year/sometime next year to buy an upgrade to my RX 6700 XT (would go with an entirely new rig at that point, as my i5-8600k is beginning to show its age).

Looks like you called it in the founders edition review. Either way this card is nice but needs an OC to beat the Founders edition. But were talking single digit frames so not a HUGE difference.

I agree. The Zotac is an OK card, but needs an overclock to beat the Founders Edition, which in quick glance is faster in every game. Only saving grace is they are the same price.
If overclocked it would seem that the Founders is the better card.

So I would buy this why?

Become a Patron!
Back