S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl Postponed to September 2024 Due to “Technical Imperfections”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
GSC Game World has shared a short trailer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl, revealing that the new survival horror FPS is now scheduled to release for Xbox Series X|S consoles and Windows PCs on September 5, 2024.

See full article...

I'm looking forward to this one, so I am obviously disappointed to see it delayed, but I'd rather they get it right than rush to release it.

Also, their development cycle has definitely been impacted by some rather extreme external factors most game developers don't have to deal with which really are not their fault.

Giving everything happening in their part of the world, I am glad this game is still happening at all. And by comparison, worrying about a game seems rather silly.

Just in time for Zen 5 and rumored Blackwell in Q4, perfect pairing

Helps if you spell Chernobyl correctly.

Well, it's spelled "Чорнобиль". How you phoenetically transliterate it into the latinic alphabet is more flexible.

I mean, I grew up with there being a Peking in China. Now its "Beijing".

Chernobyl is common in English. When I was growing up in Sweden in the 80's when the disaster happened, it was called "Tjernobyl" in the news.

I'm not sure there is a correct spelling in English.

I suspect (but could be wrong) that this might be a little Ukrainian national pride. It could be a difference between transliterating the Russian pronunciation vs the Ukrainian pronunciation. I bet that is what is going on. Been a lot of that lately (Like Kiev vs Kyiv). For some strange reason the Ukrainians don't want their place names pronounced the Russian way anymore :p

It's a hunch, but I bet that is what is going on.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back