Three Blizzard Classics Arrive on Battle.net

I'd load up diablo... but it would ruin my rose colored glasses of memories. So no.

PLUS... If I already had dialbo attached to my Battlenet account... shouldn't I just have it already? checking..... and nope. Gotta buy it again IF I want to play it... and I don't think I do.

I was hoping that after Microsoft bought them, they would shut down the Battle.Net launcher.

I can still hear them in my mind's ear:

"Whoa, what can I do for ya?"

"I sense a soul in search of answers."

I picked them up from GoG a while back, played them a bit, and then uninstalled. Good times back then, but those times are now past. Downside I'll bet is that the original Diablo offered on Battle.net probably does not come with the Hellfire expansion (pure speculation on my part) since that was developed by an outside agency and Blizzard didn't own the rights to it. GoG eventually got both.

So... What was the fun part of Diablo?
Asking for a friend... You see this friend played it back then, and he gave up becuase he had to go back and kill things over and over to try to get stronger. The term grind he did not know then, but that is what it was. Boring grind. But he may have not played it enough, and it gets fun?

Asking for a friend... You see this friend played it back then, and he gave up becuase he had to go back and kill things over and over to try to get stronger. The term grind he did not know then, but that is what it was. Boring grind. But he may have not played it enough, and it gets fun?
It was like vampire is today.

The grind is the fun part if you are into that kind of gameplay loop, playing trough the regular game once should not be much of a challenge, but I was never a huge diablo 1 or 2 fan, liked 3 when they fixed it way more.

I had a good time with D1 and D2 - D2 moreso since it's story and expansion were more involved.

But yeah, once I finish the story, the grind-until-you-puke gear treadmill isn't my thing - at least for very long. And while the stories were good - I've been there and done that, and there isn't really a compelling reason for me to want to go back and do it again.

Become a Patron!
Back