Disney to Invest $1.5 Billion in Epic Games for New Fortnite Entertainment Universe

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Disney has announced that it will be buying a $1.5 billion stake in Epic Games as part of a plan that will see the creation of an all-new, persistent games and entertainment universe within Fortnite, one of today's most popular online multiplayer games.

See full article...

who the fudge sold Disney on an expansion in fortnight being worth 1.5 billion dollars?! WHAT IS MONEY ANY MORE? Holy crap.

I guess fortnight is a platform now.

who the fudge sold Disney on an expansion in fortnight being worth 1.5 billion dollars?! WHAT IS MONEY ANY MORE? Holy crap.

I guess fortnight is a platform now.
I agree jeesus.
Plus, not long ago Fisney was hurting financially.. I guess it was all about cooking some books.

OH GOOD GAWD, WHY?!?!?!?!?!!!
Tencent-Epic has gone off the rails. I REALLY miss Epic MegaGames. Tired of seeing sh1t about Fortnite every-f*cking-where.

I agree jeesus.
Plus, not long ago Fisney was hurting financially.. I guess it was all about cooking some books.
Given all the Flopbusters they've been putting out and theme park attendance being down, I don't think they know how to run their business anymore.

Is there a single person on this Earth who thinks a Fortnite Entertainment universe is a good investment? I mean apart from disney exec ofc. I bet Tim Sweeney is laughing his *** off as he runs away with the bags of free cash.

When you thought there is no way Disney can sink any lower, they do this. Maybe, just maybe this is Iger's scorched earth policy? He is an egomaniac after all. I can fully see him deliberately leaving the company in a state that no successor has any hope of recovering from.

I'd say Fortnite is this generation's CounterStrike. Teens and kids swear by the thing. Even if they switch to Apex, MW or PugB, they always come back. I'm speaking from my son and his friends.

Epic is always adding new content, so there's always something new. Still, I don't think a 1.5billion investment is a good call, but hey more power to Tim Sweeney. BTW I fear of a Disney sponsored SteamDeck more than Fortnite :p :rolleyes:

BTW I don't play it as I suck at MP games.

Become a Patron!
Back