MSI Afterburner Drops Support for Windows XP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MSI Afterburner no longer supports Windows XP, according to the changelog for the latest version (4.6.6) of the popular overclocking and hardware monitoring program, which blames the change on the update to a new compiler.

See full article...

Man I wonder what % of the afterburner user base was running xp still and unironically.

Interesting.

I though afterburner had ceased development what with the dev on Guru3D being paid by MSI being Russian, and thus running afoul of sanctions?

Did they resolve that?

Googling uncovers a lot of articles about this subject from January 2023, but I haven't found anything with updates verifying that it has been resolved.

Interesting.

I though afterburner had ceased development what with the dev on Guru3D being paid by MSI being Russian, and thus running afoul of sanctions?

Did they resolve that?

Googling uncovers a lot of articles about this subject from January 2023, but I haven't found anything with updates verifying that it has been resolved.
I've been wondering myself how this whole situation has been working out. I'm still on the last version of Afterburner that was released when MSI and Unwinder were still partners. I guess the MSI team has been updating Afterburner without him now. Unwinder has continued to update RTSS though, so I've been keeping that one up-to-date.

I was using precision X. Then moved to afterburner, and when that was question moved to GPU Tweak. GPU tweak is by far the worst

Become a Patron!
Back