LIAN LI Unveils Its Latest Hardware, including a Desk with Built-In 30″ Transparent LG OLED Display

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LIAN LI's 2024 Digital Expo presentation is live, and with it comes the announcement of several new pieces of hardware, including prototypes for three PC cases, a new CPU cooler, and a new PSU.

See full article...

Why are transparent display's so in? Is it LGBTQ+D now?

So... That's an unexpected twist on the desk refresh. That was not hinted at all at Computex when I saw the prototype (that basically looked like a single desk re-spin of the DK-04/05 and an added cup holder). I would be concerned it will have the same structural issues as the current series for supporting large monitors on stands attached to the mount though.....

Why are transparent display's so in?
I don't know, but I wouldn't want a TV or monitor like that. Seems like it would be harder to see what's on the screen, and I don't wanna be distracted by anything behind the display, which will be seen through the display. The only place I can see this kind of stuff being handy is say to provide some kind of HUD and information on vehicles. No need to look at the gauge cluster or some other screen when the very window you are looking out of to drive your car or fly your plane or what-have-you is displaying all/most of the relevant information. I'm thinking way beyond the simple little readout projected on the windshields of Corvettes.

Become a Patron!
Back