Computer Science Courses No Longer Necessary Thanks to AI, NVIDIA CEO Says: “Everybody In the World Is Now a Programmer”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
There's no vital reason for sending kids to computer science school anymore because technology is quickly advancing to a point where programming and other complex disciplines can be accomplished via artificial intelligence, according to new comments that Jensen Huang, NVIDIA Founder, President, and CEO, shared during a talk at the World Governments Summit this month.

See full article...

When you got as much money as he does, you can afford to buy A.) an insane amount of leather jackets, B.) copious amounts of very powerful mind-altering substances. I was a CompSci major in college, and I think this muthafucka is on some very powerful substances indeed. That's all we need now, the heads of powerful tech companies like nVidia telling kids and their parents not to bother with CompSci, all just to make his shares go up. While he's at it, maybe he can just tell the world to f*ck off with STEM sh1t entirely. We don't need any of it anymore. AI's got us covered.

I seem to remember from the movie Wall-E that in the future humanity had regressed into fat blobs of meat that couldn't really move without assistance from technology. Much like the Combine masters in the HL universe. Well nVidia's CEO seems to want to get us to that state just a little bit faster. I don't like it when movies like Idiocracy seem less like jokes and more like prophesies. Although AI will probably kill us off before that.

The only AI I ever trusted was the Knight Industries Two-Thousand, and he is not real.

That's how you get The City and the Stars. Leather jacket doesn't get it that dystopias are cautionary tales, not blueprints to follow.

The only AI I ever trusted was the Knight Industries Two-Thousand, and he is not real.
Nor should you, AI is only as trustworthy as a random reddit post with an anonymous author.

Yea that we don't need programmers any more is BULLSHIT. AI can help code segments... but complete code? Nope.

While it's nice having Dall-E to do drawings of my characters in pen and paper games since I have a lack of artistic talent... it isn't full proof and all of the drawings look... like they are too idealized versions of people.

Become a Patron!
Back