X-Men ’97 Arcade Machine with Eight Legendary Titles and Online Multiplayer Announced by Marvel and Arcade1Up

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
An all-new X-Men ’97 arcade machine inspired by the new Marvel Animation series that is coming to Disney+ on March 20 is now available for pre-order ahead of its planned release in Spring 2024, Marvel and Arcade1Up have announced. The cabinet includes eight legendary, pre-loaded titles, including 1996’s X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Capcom’s very first […]

See full article...

Honestly if you're into fighting games like REALLY into them... that's not a bad product. 500 bucks? You'll need some cinder blocks or lead weights in the bottom really. But that could be neat to have if you love the fighting games.

Some good-@ss games in there, but that much money for an emulation station? I can do that just fine on the PC and modded consoles I already got. Not to mention the official home ports of some of those games are really good (like X-Men vs SF and Marvel Super Heroes vs SF on Saturn, or MvC2 on DC and PS3). If I'm doing arcade stuff then I want the real hardware, like some of my friends do (for example, CPS2 and Naomi). Of course that route is way more expensive. But yeah I don't need to spend $500 to play at an emulation station that tries to replicate the arcade cabinet experience. I just need a PC and a good controller. Or like how one of my friends does it, with a massive table-sized controller that has arcade controls for I think up to 6 players, and other arcade stuff on it like a trackball, and it connects via USB to a tiny mini-PC he has in his game room that runs MAME64 and has an epic sh1tton of ROMs loaded on it.

Become a Patron!
Back