Core i9-14900KS Runs So Hot, Intel Is Allowing Delidded Systems from Select PC Makers with Full Warranty

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Core i9-14900KS, Intel's latest Special Edition CPU, is unique for not only delivering a 6.2 GHz max turbo frequency out of the box, but also because it marks a unique situation where Intel has agreed to work with select PC makers to offer warranty-backed systems that feature delidded versions of the chip.

See full article...

What do you mean did we just increase power and run the multiplier higher than we ever have.. of course not... this is NEW technology... we're not the old Intel... honest!

I never understood the S variant of these cpu's. They are strictly for bragging rights. I looked at reviews and at 4K my 14600K is roughly 3 fps behind the 14900KS on average for less than half the cost.

This smells like marketing spin. Are the CPUs really delidded by the System Integrators, or is Intel selling chips without lids to special customers? Seems the latter would be more economical and have less risk of damaging the chip during the wholesale delidding process.

I never understood the S variant of these cpu's. They are strictly for bragging rights.
Not just that, they are also for warming up your room in the winter, and making your electricity bill go through the roof.

Become a Patron!
Back