ASUS Launches ROG Keris II Ace 54-Gram Ergonomic Wireless Gaming Mouse for Pro FPS Players

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has listed the ROG Keris II Ace, a new wireless ergonomic gaming mouse for pro FPS players that the company announced during CES but is now available at select retailers, including Newegg and Micro Center.

See full article...

I won't be impressed until they put a mouse on one end of a scale, a feather on the other, and the feather weighs the scale down. If I sneeze towards the mouse, I want it to go flying. I want to be able to hit a baby with the mouse, and the baby doesn't even feel it.

I won't be impressed until they put a mouse on one end of a scale, a feather on the other, and the feather weighs the scale down. If I sneeze towards the mouse, I want it to go flying. I want to be able to hit a baby with the mouse, and the baby doesn't even feel it.
But it to also come with a 1/2 lb of optional weights you can have in the mouse!

There better be some RGB lighting on this thing, or it will never sell.
In mice this light, it's not a foregone conclusion - but it's definitely a compromise in battery life as the battery is small to keep the weight down.

In mice this light, it's not a foregone conclusion - but it's definitely a compromise in battery life as the battery is small to keep the weight down.
I hear yah, but I was just making a joke, is all. The joke being that mice are only worth something if they 1.) are extremely light 2.) have RGB lighting.

Give me a black 185g wired mouse with no lights and I'll buy it.
Wireless is a revelation - but they do have to be charged from time to time. Still, and especially with lighter mice, going cableless is freeing.

(the only lights you really need are the DPS settings... if you ever change those)

Wireless is a revelation - but they do have to be charged from time to time. Still, and especially with lighter mice, going cableless is freeing.

(the only lights you really need are the DPS settings... if you ever change those)

On my current mouse I rarely do. (Usually it's by accident, and I change it back when the mouse feels weird :p )

I don't feel I need the indicator lights though, as I can tell the sensitivity is off as soon as I move the mouse.

I'm not opposed to subtle dim indicator LED's though. As long as they are not so bright as to be distracting in a dark room.

I really like my Logitech G703 wireless mouse. Probably the best I've owned to date wired or wireless.
The tech has really matured; I still see the use for wired, where charging would be a problem (and there's always that dongle to keep track of), but it's no longer the downside we saw maybe a decade ago or still with Bluetooth.

As for size, shape, and lighting... that's all personal :)

The tech has really matured; I still see the use for wired, where charging would be a problem (and there's always that dongle to keep track of), but it's no longer the downside we saw maybe a decade ago or still with Bluetooth.

As for size, shape, and lighting... that's all personal :)
I agree that the tech has matured quite a bit. I ended up getting the mouse pad that allows the mouse to charge while resting on it. Money well spent.

I agree that the tech has matured quite a bit. I ended up getting the mouse pad that allows the mouse to charge while resting on it. Money well spent.
So I'm trying to understand. You didn't like wires so you got a wireless mouse. But you got one that supports wireless charging. Then got a mousepad that you have to plug in with wires to charge the mouse?

I mean you won't have a shifting mouse cable so that's a bonus.

I can't speak for other people and whatever situations they use a PC in, but for me personally, my mouse having a cord has never once been an issue in my entire life. Most of the time I don't even notice the cord. When I game with a controller, I'm usually rollin' wired there too.

I can't speak for other people and whatever situations they use a PC in, but for me personally, my mouse having a cord has never once been an issue in my entire life. Most of the time I don't even notice the cord. When I game with a controller, I'm usually rollin' wired there too.
I'm in the same boat but I did go wireless with the controller with a rechargeable battery and charging dock.

Become a Patron!
Back