Limited-Edition Fallout Gear Announced by Corsair and Elgato

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Elgato, a brand of Corsair, has announced a new lineup of limited-edition hardware inspired by Fallout, Bethesda Game Studios' post-apocalyptic RPG franchise, including a custom Stream Deck, dynamic mic, and more.

See full article...

I love that everyone is banking on the Fallout show being a hit like the last of us was, and they all want to ride the wave.

However I don't think it is such a done deal yet. It's more likely to be a rings of power than to be the next last of us.

Ummm, I know what the microphone does, the other two pieces I have not a clue. Tried looking at specs and the Corsair site, still dont know. Not an audiophile so what does the box with the buttons do and what does the box with the dial (I assume a volume control) do? For $160 I expect more than just a volume control.

Ummm, I know what the microphone does, the other two pieces I have not a clue. Tried looking at specs and the Corsair site, still dont know. Not an audiophile so what does the box with the buttons do and what does the box with the dial (I assume a volume control) do? For $160 I expect more than just a volume control.
"Stream Deck" - buttons that have a screen behind them, so the button 'surface' can be changed, along with extensive software to back it up. You can have macros and different 'pages' of buttons and swap all of the above based on active application and so on.

the box with the dial (I assume a volume control) do? For $160 I expect more than just a volume control.
It's an audio interface, the 'XLR' one has a very nice pre-amp that can handle quiet dynamic mics like Shure's SM7b. Lots of clean gain available so one can turn the mic volume up without increasing amplifier noise.

Become a Patron!
Back