The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Returns to Theaters This Summer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Peter Jackson's celebrated collection of epic fantasy adventure films based on British author J. R. R. Tolkien's original novels, will be returning to cinemas this summer, over two decades after the third and final film, The Return of the King (2003), premiered in theaters, Fathom Events has announced.

See full article...

How much new material? How touched up for the new special effects? And given the extended status, for an already very long set of movies, how will my bladder manage a large cherry coke and a what? 5 hour movie??

How much new material?
It's just what was in the Extended Editions that were released ages ago. Some of which I would say is quite important, and included stuff I wish had been in the original theatrical releases (like when they finally dealt with Saruman in RotK).

And given the extended status, for an already very long set of movies, how will my bladder manage a large cherry coke and a what? 5 hour movie??
The Extended Editions were meant for home watching, where you can pause and go to the bathroom. Good luck trying to watch those in the theater!

Ya I have the extended versions on either DVD or Blu Ray, and every few years spend a long weekend watching them.

I forget if it was the linked article or elsewhere, I had though I read somewhere, that there video and fx, not in the original extended release.

Or perhaps I am reading too much into 'remastered?' Even if it is just cleaned up video and sound, ya the first extended was well done, today's tech could do it better.

Hmmmmmmm

Become a Patron!
Back