15th Gen Intel Core “Arrow Lake S” CPUs Are Up to 21% Faster Than Core i9-13900K: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Igor's Lab has shared a new report that suggests Intel's "Arrow Lake S" CPU family will offer major performance improvements versus the current generation, with one graph implying up to 21% faster performance than the Core i9-13900K, one of Intel's current Raptor Lake S flagships. Arrow Lake is Intel's 15th generation of Core processors, set to follow the 14th Gen Intel Core "Raptor Lake S" refresh that's expected to debut later this year.

See full article...

Igor's Lab has shared a new report that suggests Intel's "Arrow Lake S" CPU family will offer major performance improvements versus the current generation, with one graph implying up to 21% faster performance than the Core i9-13900K, one of Intel's current Raptor Lake S flagships. Arrow Lake is Intel's 15th generation of Core processors, set to follow the 14th Gen Intel Core "Raptor Lake S" refresh that's expected to debut later this year.

See full article...
So in 2 "generations" of CPU they expect a 21% uplift on overall performance not even IPC but performance per watt. Right?

Back to the same ole Intel dog and pony show. "Don't look at the chiller under the table!"

I was looking for the nVidia style

*with DLSS

This is actually embarrassing, at this point. AMD continues to wipe the floor with Intel when it comes to performance per watt. It would mean that Intel 4 is just able to match 3rd-gen Ryzen in that metric, more than 4 years after that AMD processor launched. How is Intel still not able to get power consumption under control?

That's 10% per generation. Not quite as bad as it used to be, but they might as well call it 13th gen++. Not exciting.

Become a Patron!
Back