343 Industries Updates Halo’s Visuals in The Master Chief Collection to Match Original Xbox Version

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

343 Industries has made plenty of improvements to Halo: The Master Chief Collection since its controversial release years ago, but one outstanding problem is that the visuals of Halo: Combat Evolved never quite matched the original Xbox version. That oversight will finally be addressed soon, as the latest flight for Halo: The Master Chief Collection introduces bug fixes that “improve the classic visuals in H1 to better mirror the original Xbox version.” A comparison video shared by Generalkidd demonstrates many of these changes, such as improved textures and the return of certain effects (e.g., energy shields turning red when they’re shot).

Corrections include updating the model for Captain Keyes to match that seen in the original Xbox version of Halo, updating Jackal shields so they turn red when damaged, as in the original Halo (this...

Continue reading...

I remember there were issues such as the Jackal's shields not turning red as they took damage in the original Gearbox port (which I just saw was mentioned above), and a lot of those issues carried over to Halo Anniversary. They are still present in the Halo MCC version, but I guess now these kinds of issues have finally been addressed huh? Well, I'm glad 343 has continued to work on and improve Halo MCC. Now we just need split-screen and same-system co-op on PC. With games like Gears 4 and 5 and Serious Sam (3 I think) supporting splitscreen on PC, kinda shameful that none of the Halo games that had it on console have it on PC. Hopefully one day though. With the progress 343 has been making, I don't think it's too much to hope.

Well if POE didn't keep sucking me in I'd look at this.

I think I have played all of 10 min of Halo games since they came out on Steam

Become a Patron!
Back