3D Realms Announces GRAVEN, a Spiritual Successor to 1997’s Hexen II

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
graven-screenshot-cruxfirth-1024x576.jpg
Image: 3D Realms

Classic first-person shooter fans, rejoice. 3D Realms (the legendary publisher that brought us titles such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood) has announced GRAVEN, an action-adventure FPS that’s inspired by Raven Software’s legendary dark-fantasy franchise, Hexen.

“Wield destructive conventional weaponry, including magic staves and wrist-mounted crossbows,” 3D Realms wrote. “Find hidden gold to upgrade weapons and spells at blacksmiths and alchemists. Return to previously-plundered areas with new abilities to uncover secrets and entirely new areas. With more than 30 weapons and spells, GRAVEN encourages experimentation. Play solo, with one friend in split-screen co-op, or even in a party of four online for complete arcane chaos.”

“GRAVEN began as a game we had often...

Continue reading...

Meh, I got my hopes up for an actual modern sequel, not one that looks exactly like Hexen.
I don't understand these nostalgia games. If I wanted to play a game that looks like it' sfrom 1997, I play a game from 1997.

I just want the licensing and distribution issues sorted out so I can buy a copy of Heretic II from GOG. But I guess nobody wants to make free money these days.

Become a Patron!
Back