7900xtx vs 4090, AND 7600 vs 4060... In six months.

Grimlakin

Forum Posting Supreme
I would love to see a 'six months later' series of reviews... or a bigger all in one review.. (harder to monetize vs effort).

We all know that vide cards from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia have performance changes as the drivers and features mature. I'd love to see a 6 months later series of reviews on the cards that are out to see what has gotten better or changed in the performance landscape.

I'm betting AMD has some decent improvement, Intel has some SHOCKING improvement, and Nvidia might still be making drivers for their cards.

I'm betting AMD has some decent improvement
Maybe they've gotten their idle usage under 100W, or figured out VR on the 7000-series?

Intel has some SHOCKING improvement
They could have a few more rounds of shocking improvement, and still not be truly competitive with their current hardware...

Nvidia might still be making drivers for their cards.
They definitely have their work cut out for them optimizing games when developers choose not to! ( /cough Starfield)

well, quite simply put the 6 month old driver in your GPU, run some benches and then put in the newest one.
One of the biggest problems with those reviews is the games have also matured through updates and you cant get a true apples to apples.

well, quite simply put the 6 month old driver in your GPU, run some benches and then put in the newest one.
One of the biggest problems with those reviews is the games have also matured through updates and you cant get a true apples to apples.
That is a more than fair statement. But as long as the game version is the same and the driver revisions are changing... should be fine for a comparative review if not historical...

Become a Patron!
Back