8K Gaming Tested on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 ($1,499) and LG Z9 88-Inch OLED ($30,000)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-8k-key-art-1024x577.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Curious about whether the GeForce RTX 3090 can actually handle 8K gaming as well as NVIDIA claims? Linus Tech Tips and Marques Brownlee have shared separate looks at how the BFGPU handles popular titles such as Control, Death Stranding, DOOM Eternal, and Forza Horizon 4 in glorious 7680 x 4320 resolution on a $30,000 LG 88-inch Class Z9 Series OLED.

While performance metrics are few and far between, Brownlee shows that the GeForce RTX 3090 does a very good job at running Forza Horizon 4 in 8K/60 FPS. There are some significant dips (e.g., 47 FPS) in certain sequences, but it’s pretty amazing to see a game running this well at such a demanding resolution.

Brownlee also tested Control in 8K under different render resolutions. Unfortunately...

Continue reading...

I can't stand Linus, and never heard of the other guy. 2 videos I probably won't be watching anytime soon.

I can't stand Linus, and never heard of the other guy. 2 videos I probably won't be watching anytime soon.
I have no problem with Linus, but his videos are usually too much fluff and too little substance. They go on for 15 minutes but the interesting (to me) part is about the last 20 seconds. The rest is just their office drama.

Those Control results seems weird. At 2K rendering Control churns out 50-60FPS even on my 2080ti, with RT. Upscaling doesn't demand more resources for higher res.

Become a Patron!
Back