Next-Gen GPUs Expected to Stimulate Greater Demand for High-Performance Coolers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The next generation of GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD are expected to stimulate demand for high-performance coolers, according to a new paywalled report shared by DigiTimes today.

Go to post

In the book of NO **** SHERLOCK this has to be a page 3 reference.
Weird part is, the demand should be coming from the OEMs. In general, consumers aren't swapping coolers on GPUs - and most GPU manufacturers won't warranty such a modification, IIRC.

Weird part is, the demand should be coming from the OEMs. In general, consumers aren't swapping coolers on GPUs - and most GPU manufacturers won't warranty such a modification, IIRC.
Yeah, but if you're dropping $1k+ on a high-end card, that crowd has no problem dropping another $200 +/- to get an top-tier cooler to go with it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see services offering installation either (it may already exist, idk) -- for the Twitch crowd that just wants the best but has no idea how to DIY.

Yeah, but if you're dropping $1k+ on a high-end card, that crowd has no problem dropping another $200 +/- to get an top-tier cooler to go with it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see services offering installation either (it may already exist, idk) -- for the Twitch crowd that just wants the best but has no idea how to DIY.
If next step down from top tier is 1k... I won't be swapping my cooler on my card. Not yet... and not until card makers understand that that is a thing.

If next step down from top tier is 1k... I won't be swapping my cooler on my card. Not yet... and not until card makers understand that that is a thing.
EVGA does, don't know who else though. EVGA also sells AIO kits for their cards if you can find one in stock.

EVGA does, don't know who else though. EVGA also sells AIO kits for their cards if you can find one in stock.
Very true... but I mean like motherboards and CPU manufacturers today. The GPU comes with a block on it. But is DESIGNED to be replaced. And universal mountings for specific designs... stuff like that. Sounds like EVGA is right there and that's good.

Very true... but I mean like motherboards and CPU manufacturers today. The GPU comes with a block on it. But is DESIGNED to be replaced. And universal mountings for specific designs... stuff like that. Sounds like EVGA is right there and that's good.
I wouldn't go so far as to say designed to be replaced, but perhaps as far as not designed not to be replaced. Logically the same of course, but it's more that EVGA isn't actively inhibiting GPU cooler replacement than they are designing their GPUs and associated coolers specifically for that purpose.

EVGA also tends to use the same layout for many adjacent classes of cards, for example, all of their 'FTW3' 3080 10GB / 12GB / TI and 3090 models share the same PCB layout. They actually use slightly different coolers on some, but the same waterblocks will usually work on all of them. I do recommend doing the research first, though!

Become a Patron!
Back