Warner Bros. Movies No Longer Guaranteed to Arrive on HBO Max after 45-Day Theatrical Window

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
HBO Max subscribers have had the benefit of streaming The Batman and other Warner Bros. blockbusters just 45 days after their theatrical debuts, but that perk appears to be coming to an end, at least on some level.

Go to post

Lots of news coming out of Warner Brothers camp lately. I didn't know this 45-day thing was a guarantee. Still won't get me to get in a theater though.

I also heard somewhere that HBO Max would be merging with Discovery+

I usually wait for the blu-rays to come out so I can grab the rips. If I grab a streaming rip it is only cuz I didn't wanna wait as long to see the movie, and that happens very rarely, cuz I am very patient and can wait years to see movies or play games. And if I get a streaming rip, I still replace it with a BD rip later (streaming versions of movies have sh1t audio quality, and only in recent years got decent video quality, though still nothing compared to BDs). It doesn't matter how long they wanna wait after a theatrical release to bring a movie to streaming. Chances are I will still be waiting on seeing the movie anyways.

I didn't know this 45-day thing was a guarantee. Still won't get me to get in a theater though.
I didn't know about the 45-day thing either. And yeah, there's nothing that will get me into a movie theater. I was already done with them long before COVID-19 came around.

Become a Patron!
Back