AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Offers 25% Faster Single-Core and 30% Faster Multi-Threaded Performance than Ryzen 7 5800X, according to First Benchmark

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD's Ryzen 7 7700X should be a pretty nice upgrade over the Ryzen 7 5800X.

Go to post

If the increase in multi-threaded performance keeps pace with the increase in 1-2 thread performance, that's very impressive. MT gains usually taper off as more cores start generating heat.

That's quite nice but I want to see some real reviews. Is it sad that Videocardz gives a slighter better air of legitimacy over WCCFteck?

Thing is, they're not really talking 'IPC' yet - they can get these numbers just by upping the clockspeed Intel-style.

I may get one of their mid tier chips to mess with this time around to replace my secondary rig with. Been a while since I used AMD.

Lets hope AM5 gets as long of a shelf life as AM4 did. I recently upgraded my x470 to a 5700x from a 2700x so I'm good for now. Plus my PC gaming has been on the decline lately as I am more inclined to play from the couch.

Lets hope AM5 gets as long of a shelf life as AM4 did. I recently upgraded my x470 to a 5700x from a 2700x so I'm good for now. Plus my PC gaming has been on the decline lately as I am more inclined to play from the couch.
Play PC from the couch, newb.:p

Play PC from the couch, newb.:p

The living room approval committee will not grant me authorization to haul the beast into the living room. If she ever goes out of town I might.

I do sometimes play via Steam link or moonlight, but you spend a fair amount of time tweaking configs to get things right. And it's not great for everything.

I've considered a 100ft hdmi cable but those aren't cheap. And I am. :)

I'll add that I had a HTPC before that was even the name for it. But we just used it for movies and music. Now with Plex, don't need that.

$60 for a 100ft HDMI cable is too expensive?

What about using a ethernet HDMI extender adapters?

Just curious since I've never used either.

The HDMI cable was never my issue with PC gaming on the couch -- it was never being able to get comfortable using it on the couch with anything other than a controller. And you could never just exclusively use a controller -- there's always something you need a KB/M for. Yeah, wireless, bluetooth, long *** USB cords -- but without a nice desk surface to use them on (lap desks don't count) it wasn't ever a thing I liked.

PC gaming belongs at a desk, as much as I would love to use my OLED + HT setup for great gaming.

Consoles assume the controller for everything, and they are just set up for it better. Steam big screen mode ~almost~ gets there... but I can do that via Steam Remote Play and not need to move the PC over. It's not quite as good as playing locally, but for the amount I use it (almost never on the TV, but I use it a ton playing on laptop on the couch while wife watches her stupid TV shows she can't watch without me, for some reason), it's good enough.

You've highlighted two of the most important PC gaming components: a good desk and chair. 🪑

Become a Patron!
Back