ASUS Announces TUF Gaming GT502 Dual-Chamber PC Case

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced its latest computer case in the form of the TUF Gaming GT502, a PC case that features a dual-chamber thermal design, panoramic tempered glass, and space for up to 13 fans, among other benefits.

Go to post

Ha that looks a lot like my case. I do appreciate the design.

Looks like my 011 which is not a bad thing per se.

The problem I have with ASUS gear is that they're so proud of them they think they have to barf their logos and brands all over the product. Gross.

Nothing says "trying too hard" than logos and crap splashed all over the product. Simple, elegant, and tasteful calls for restraint. Let the form do the talking.

Where does the PSU go? Most designs I see like this either the non-windowed half is wider and the PSU is over there kinda behind the motherboard, or it's underneath in a separate zone. Neither of those spots looks big enough to sport an ATX PSU

If it is similar to my case you mount the PSU on its side opposite the motherboard side. Works well.

The problem I have with ASUS gear is that they're so proud of them they think they have to barf their logos and brands all over the product. Gross.

Nothing says "trying too hard" than logos and crap splashed all over the product. Simple, elegant, and tasteful calls for restraint. Let the form do the talking.
I had the 501 case and it was basically the same thing. Though I liked the case, their logos were definitely present. This new case looks good, and though functional, it's starting become the Cheiftec dragon from a while back, where it's basically the same design (the Lian Li 011 in this case), but other manufacturers just tweaking the design enough to call it their own.

I used to switch cases every year or two, but I'm so satisfied with my current one that it would take something truly revolutionary to prevent my current case from being my last ever.

Yeah my case sucks, but it works and the computer is in it and it runs well - so good enough.

On looking at these I'm thinkin my Thermaltake is a knockoff of the lan li as well. View 51 TG ARGB.

I used to switch cases every year or two, but I'm so satisfied with my current one that it would take something truly revolutionary to prevent my current case from being my last ever.
This. I love my giant black box, Antec p100. Huge, lots of fans, and silent. I wouldn't want to stare directly at the thing all day, which all these new cases seem to assume we all want to treat our PCs like works of art on our desk. I like big black box under my desk.

This. I love my giant black box, Antec p100. Huge, lots of fans, and silent. I wouldn't want to stare directly at the thing all day, which all these new cases seem to assume we all want to treat our PCs like works of art on our desk. I like big black box under my desk.
I want three things:
  1. unassuming minimalist look, that doesn't attract attention. A glass side panel is already a step too far for me.
  2. Effective cooling without sacrificing silence
  3. Efficient usage of space. The volume need not be more than the minimum required to fit an ATX board and accessories.

1. unassuming minimalist look, that doesn't attract attention. A glass side panel is already a step too far for me.
  2. Effective cooling without sacrificing silence
Sounds like you'd be a be quiet! fan...

1. Effective cooling without sacrificing silence
  2. Efficient usage of space. The volume need not be more than the minimum required to fit an ATX board and accessories.
Pick one :cool:

Sounds like you'd be a be quiet! fan...

Pick one :cool:
Sorry, I already have all three, hence why it would be a miracle if something made me shift to a new case. Short of creating a new PC standard completely incompatible with existing ATX cases.

I wouldn't want to stare directly at the thing all day, which all these new cases seem to assume we all want to treat our PCs like works of art on our desk
I understand your point of view as that's all I cared about in the past. My tastes have changed now and honestly take a little more time and pride in my builds so I enjoy seeing them on my desk. I'm not saying others don't take pride and time on their builds. I only use the lighting by the case fans and add no additional lighting to make it just enough, but not over enough.

A company such as Asus is in a position to create a case with accommodations that provide unique benefits when paired with a selection of its own PC components (motherboards, graphics cards, etc.). It seems like a missed opportunity. Most PC cases are poorly designed oversized boxes with way too many fans to compensate for their inefficiency. High-end workstations and servers from the major OEMs have always seemed much better engineered, in part because they can match the case design to a specific set of components.

I have to admit that I haven't paid much attention to cases in recent years. A lot of hardware reviews have moved to YouTube, and I just can't make myself sit through a lengthy video when several still images accompanied by skimmable text would suffice. I wonder whether anyone remembers Silent PC Review (SPCR). I really appreciated their detailed sound measurements.
Sorry, I already have all three, hence why it would be a miracle if something made me shift to a new case. Short of creating a new PC standard completely incompatible with existing ATX cases.
Seeing as your requirements don't seem far from my own, I'd be curious to know what your current PC case is. I didn't see that mentioned in the link from your signature. Incidentally, I enjoyed reading several of your game reviews, which I discovered on the same site.

Become a Patron!
Back