Alleged Clock Speeds for AMD’s Flagship Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs Revealed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-logo-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Ahead of next week’s RDNA 2 event, _rogame has shared the alleged base, game, and boost clock speeds for AMD’s flagship Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards.

Navi 21 XL (Radeon RX 6900?) will supposedly feature a base clock of 1,350 to 1,400 MHz and a game clock of 1,800 to 1,900 MHz, while its boost clock will be 2,100/2,200 MHz.

Navi 21 XT (Radeon RX 6900 XT?) will supposedly feature a base clock of 1,450 to 1,500 MHz and game clock of 2,000 to 2,100 MHz, while its boost clock will be 2,200 to 2,400 MHz.

What’s interesting is how much lower the base clocks are in comparison to the Radeon RX 5700 flagships. The Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition and...

Continue reading...

While that is interesting we all know clocks are not king. So is it BETTER clocks? More threads? How does it compare to Nvidia clocks? I don't think it does in a 1-1 that's for sure.

While that is interesting we all know clocks are not king. So is it BETTER clocks? More threads? How does it compare to Nvidia clocks? I don't think it does in a 1-1 that's for sure.

I tend to agree. Max clocks don’t mean as much, as cards can boost to crazy numbers but not be able to hold to it. Overall power efficiency and better cooling solutions are leading to better sustained gaming clocks - and that’s before you consider something like process node and architecture.

It takes benchmarks to show the whole story.

A lower base clock is fine, how it holds a boost is what matters. I'll take a full coverage water block, please:)

Become a Patron!
Back