Amazon Announces $5.99/Month Cloud Gaming Service, Luna

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amazon-luna-display-controller-key-art-1024x576.jpg

Google Stadia is about to get some serious competition. During today’s hardware event, Amazon announced Luna – a brand-new cloud gaming service that’s powered by the company’s very own AWS platform.

For the introductory price of $5.99 a month, Luna subscribers can enjoy a growing library of games such as Resident Evil 7, Control, and Panzer Dragoon on select devices (e.g., Fire TV, PC, and Mac) at up to 1080p/60 FPS (4K is “coming soon”). Users may stream on two devices at a time.

Coinciding with Luna’s launch is a controller built specifically for the service. According to Amazon, it connects to custom game servers to reduce roundtrip latency by 17 to 30 ms – a big improvement over local Bluetooth. No pairing is required since it “talks directly to the cloud.” It even supports Alexa, Amazon’s cloud-based voice service.

You can request...

Continue reading...

I thought we killed all of the streaming services off already, no? I mean Amazon does have infinite dollars so maybe they can make it successful... holding breath in 3, 2, 1......

Let's see if they do this like they do prime video... by that I mean making it hard to find good movies or shows regularly.

Become a Patron!
Back