Amazon Launches Entirely New Kindle Lineup, including Reimagined Kindle Scribe and First-Ever Color Kindle

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Kindle, a series of e-readers that Amazon introduced over 15 years ago but continues to innovate to help customers browse, buy, download, and read e-books, is expanding today with several new devices, including the Kindle Colorsoft, Kindle Paperwhite, and a re-imagined Kindle Scribe, Amazon has announced.

See full article...

So.. I read a lot of Kindle books.

And I love reading on an eInk screen. It's easy on the eyes and easy to read.

My first few Kindle devices - loved them. The screen could have been just ~a bit~ bigger, but mostly they nailed it. The devices having like 2-week battery life was awesome.

The last kindle I had - I guess they decided to save money on the battery, it would last like 3-4 days. I used it for about a year, but it was like every other time I picked it up to read, the battery was dead, or nearly so. I eventually ditched it and just got an iPad mini - which I do almost nothing on except read books. It's about the same size and weight.

The iPad screen isn't nearly as nice as eInk for reading (I suspect an OLED screen ~might~, but the traditional LCD, even Apple's, isn't nearly as nice). But the battery lasts longer - a week or a bit more. Not as good as the older Kindles, but better. And it can do other stuff than just books - I just don't use it for anything else really... but I could.

Wondering if these bring any of that life back or not. I had been eyeballing the Scribe for the larger screen, but not certain it's small enough to really hold in one hand or not.

So.. I read a lot of Kindle books.

And I love reading on an eInk screen. It's easy on the eyes and easy to read.
Oh huh, that's interesting. Never had the pleasure. I do all my reading either the old fashioned way on paper (which is getting harder and harder on my eyes as the decades accrue), or on a desktop computer monitor (sometimes laptop display). I've never really experienced eInk. Maybe briefly many years ago, but certainly nothing near a modern incarnation of it. I just don't ever really use tablets or tablet-like devices, except smartphones when necessary. I have PDF files of some books, including books I have physical copies of, but I've never actually read a whole book like that. Usually it's for trying to find something buried a book I've already read without having to flip through the physical book, cuz I can Ctrl+F and such. You got me a bit curious about eInk though. I never really gave it much thought before.

The devices having like 2-week battery life was awesome.
Oh sh1t, yeah that's pretty awesome.

The last kindle I had - I guess they decided to save money on the battery, it would last like 3-4 days.
Oh wow, what the fuuuuuuuuuuck...

I used it for about a year, but it was like every other time I picked it up to read, the battery was dead, or nearly so.
Sounds like modern Nintendo controllers (and Sony controllers) from current-gen and previous-gen. Even if I put them away with a full charge, seems like whenever I go back to use them they never have much power left. It's pretty dang annoying. Battery life while in use is sh1t, and battery life while in storage is sh1t.

Become a Patron!
Back