AMC Theaters Will Remain Closed Until Tenet, Mulan, and Other Summer Blockbusters Roll Out

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amc-empire-25-1024x576.jpg
Image: Andreas Praefcke

Movie aficionados may be itching to return to the theater, but they’ll have to wait a little longer despite COVID-19 restrictions lifting early in certain states. In a statement released yesterday, AMC revealed that it wouldn’t be opening its doors until a steady stream of theatrical blockbusters could be shown.

The Hollywood Reporter points out that the first of these is Christopher Nolan’s Tenet, which opens on July 17, followed by Mulan a week later on July 24. This suggests that theaters won’t be back in business until the summertime, at earliest.

“As we plan our reopening, the health and safety of our guests and associates is our absolute highest priority,” said AMC. “To be able to open, we also need a line of sight into a regular schedule of new...

Continue reading...

They sound sure they are opening up again. I am surprised at that.

The movie theaters are desperate to open up for biz and will not give a hoot if you are sitting next to an infecto. What are they going to do, block off every 2 seats with barrier tape?

And it's not even really the movies they make money on, it's the concessions. So now you're back to infecto $20 popcorn and drink.

Screw the movie theater industry. Screw them into the floor and pour ants on them. $20 tickets are just stupid.

AMC just announced they are blackballing Universal movies since they are doing simultaneous digital releases....

AMC just announced they are blackballing Universal movies since they are doing simultaneous digital releases....
Interesting... Looking to be taken over by Disney I imagine... Studio owned cinemas here we go!!! I actually don't mind if that happens. Might be a good thing... Go to the Disney cinema and kids playground center, or go to the adult themed cinema with a lounge and a bar and watch more serious movies from other studios... Might actually be a good thing.

Interesting... Looking to be taken over by Disney I imagine... Studio owned cinemas here we go!!! I actually don't mind if that happens. Might be a good thing... Go to the Disney cinema and kids playground center, or go to the adult themed cinema with a lounge and a bar and watch more serious movies from other studios... Might actually be a good thing.

You say that now, wait until the Disney-o-plex is your only approved stop because of the kids.

Become a Patron!
Back