AMD’s New Optimized Performance Profile Feature for Ryzen 9000 Series Processors Can Boost Gaming Performance by up to 17%, MSI Says

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD Optimized Performance Profile (OPP), a new feature that is being introduced alongside Ryzen 9000 Series processors, offering a DDR5-6000 CL30 overclocking profile to enhance memory and gaming performance, is capable of boosting gaming performance as high as 17%, according to new benchmarks shared by MSI derived from the testing of various titles, including Far Cry 6, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and Cyberpunk 2077.

See full article...

So, did the reviewers that have been complaining that Zen5 is a disappointment just miss this little nugget, or is it already baked into their results?

So, did the reviewers that have been complaining that Zen5 is a disappointment just miss this little nugget, or is it already baked into their results?
Can you link a couple of those reviews because I've missed them.

Difference is miniscule compared to the 6000C30 kit that AMD recommends themselves.

Can you link a couple of those reviews because I've missed them.
Tubesphere is full of them; main complaint is that power usage and performance are the same as previous for gaming, while cost increased versus current retail.

So it's not complaints that the first two 9000-series are bad, just that they aren't a good value for gaming.

So it's not complaints that the first two 9000-series are bad, just that they aren't a good value for gaming.
The value equation will likely change - I don't expect the 7000 series to remain on the market once they sell through stock at current prices. That will allow the 9000 series prices to fall a little bit with nothing to cannibalize.

The value equation will likely change - I don't expect the 7000 series to remain on the market once they sell through stock at current prices. That will allow the 9000 series prices to fall a little bit with nothing to cannibalize.
Yup. If anything, we should understand that AMD essentially doesn't have a choice in releasing the 9000-series - it's what they're making now, these dies have already been in Epyc SKUs and will replace all production.

It's almost as if people forget PC's are used for more than just gaming.

If all you want to do is game, just wait for the X3D variants.

probably less than 1% of the time I spend on PC's is spent gaming, and I get the impression I play more games than the average grown *** adult.

Difference is miniscule compared to the 6000C30 kit that AMD recommends themselves.

Tubesphere is full of them; main complaint is that power usage and performance are the same as previous for gaming, while cost increased versus current retail.

they are no good value for 1080p gaming

Become a Patron!
Back